- Fairy tale castle of Peles in Sinaia
- The estate of Count Kalnoky – savory traditional dinner
- Relaxation in nature with hikes and surprise outdoor activities
- UNESCO heritage sites
- Traditional Saxon houses of Malancrav
- Saxon fortified churches of Biertan, Richis and Alma Vii
- A mix authentic Transylvanian elements with the comfort of modern times
- The best drive in the world – Transfagarasan Road
- Dracula’s Castle in Bran with all its dark rooms and secret staircases
DAY 1 Bucharest – Sinaia
Our first stop is the fairy tale castle of Peles in Sinaia where we stop for an extensive guided tour of the palace. The afternoon catches us in Brasov for lunch and a leisure walking tour of the Old Town. Explore the local shops or have a cool drink at one of the many lively summer terraces.
In the evening we start our way towards the village of Miclosoara, at the estate of Count Kalnoky. This is the castle hotel where Prince Charles during his holidays in Transylvania. Our first day of the tour ends with a savory traditional dinner at the castle. Acommodation in Miclosoara, Count Kálnoky’s Transylvania.
DAY 2 Enjoy your day in Miclosoara
Day 2 is a day of relaxation in nature with hikes and surprise outdoor activities in the village of Miclosoara. A visit to the Museum of Transylvanian Countryside and traditional lunch or picnic lunch are included in the program. Accommodation in Miclosoara.
DAY 3 History of Transylvania
Our first stop is Viscri, a village so secluded and untouched by modernity that you feel like you’ve taken a trip back in time. A stroll through this medieval village takes us to the fortified church which is a UNESCO heritage site. Our visit in Viscri would not be complete without a sitting of the famous village geese.
Sighisoara is our destination for the afternoon. The birth place of Vlad The Impaler, a UNESCO site, a cobble stone medieval citadel and a quintessential Transylvanian burg, Sighisoara is a favorite among visitors and locals alike. Walking tour includes the two squares of the Citadel (Upper Town), the Scholars’ Staircase, the Ducklings’ Square, the Tinsmiths’ Tower, the House with Antler, the Tower with Clock (climb up for a great view), the Torture Chamber and the Weapon Museum. In the evening we arrive at our accommodation in one of the traditional Saxon houses of Malancrav, dinner on your own.
DAY 4 The story continues
This is a day spent visiting Saxon villages and learning the story of the Transylvanian Saxons: where they came from, why they stayed in Transylvania and how is their legacy preserved nowadays. We visit the Saxon fortified churches of Biertan, Richis and Alma Vii. Accommodation: traditional Saxon house in Malancrav or Alma Vii. Dinner on your own.
DAY 5 The “eyes of Sibiu” – The old Cincsor
This day will start in Sibiu, site seeing and taking in the sweetheart town of Romania. The first part of our visit is a walking tour of the Old Town with its three main squares, The Bridge of Lies and the ‘eyes of Sibiu’. The afternoon is free time to enjoy the lovely town of Sibiu.
In the evening we arrive at our accommodation in the village of Cincsor where the former parish and old school were transformed in village hotels that mix authentic Transylvanian elements with the comfort of modern times. Dinner on your own.
DAY 6 Say Hello to Transfagarasan Road
The best drive in the world – that is what the Top Gear crew say about the Transfagarasan Road. In summer time we have a scenic, windy trip to the top at Balea Lake. In winter time we have the cable car to take us at the peak of the mountains. In the evening we return to Cincsor village. Dinner on your own.
DAY 7 Carpathia
Today we drive straight to the Carpathians, to the mountain village of Magura. Set in the Piatra Craiului National Park, Magura will transport you directly to the idyllic set from The Sound of Music. We go on an easy hike to the monastery of Bran and savor the lush green of the Carpathians. Accommodation in Bran. Dinner included.
DAY 8 Dracula’s story
Would it be a Transylvanian vacation without Dracula? We spend the morning visiting Dracula’s Castle in Bran with all its dark rooms and secret staircases. After lunch we make our way towards Bucharest with a last stop in Busteni at the Cantacuzino Castle. Here we enjoy deserts and coffee with an amazing view over the Carpathians. In the evening we arrive in Bucharest with drop off at your hotel.
- Fully customizable itinerary: make this tour your dream tour and customized it the way you want for no extra charge
- Transportation by private, air-conditioned car/minibus/bus (according to the number of participants)
- Flexibility: you decide when to start and make changes in the daily itinerary
- 7 nights accommodation with breakfast and dinner according to the program
- Entrance fees to museums included in the program
- Car expenses: Gasoline, parking and road tolls
- English speaking driving-guide the whole time
- Airport transfer: at arrival and departure
- Internet: Free wifi in all our vehicles
- Beverages: Bottles water in the car
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
- There is an extra pay for single supplement
- Meals others than specified
- Flights to and from Romania
- Photo & Video fees
- Personal insurance
- We offer standard accommodation. Upgrade and downgrades are available based on your budget
- Limites wheelchair access
Eastern European Experience, the organizing tourism agency will not be held liable if the places visited are closed without prior notice.