- Discover Sinaia, one of the best mountain resorts
- Visit Peles Castle, the summer residence of the Royal Family
- Enjoy Bran Castle, the inspiration of Bram Stocker
- Have a walk in the old town of Brasov
- Visit Sighisoara, the birthplace of Vlad Dracula
- Discover Sibiu, the European Capital of Culture in 2007
- Enjoy Poienari Castle, the real Castle of Dracula
1st day- From Bucharest to Sinaia
Our guide will be waiting for you, ready to take you for a trip on Dracula`s footsteps. Drive north towards Sinaia, one of the best mountain resort from Romania and enjoy the magic what a small place can offer you. Sinaia has been considered to be the unofficial capital of Romania in the end of 19th century.
Afternoon at leisure and overnight in Sinaia.
2nd day-About royalty and legends
After a sumptuous breakfast at your hotel, discover the beauty of the one and only Peles Castle, used as a summer residence by the kings of Romania. It was built at the wish of the first Romanian king, Carol I, after the plans of architects Johannes Schultz and Karel Liman and decorated by JD Heymann from Hamburg, August Bembe from Mainz and Berhard Ludwig from Vienna, hence the similarity to German castles. Peles Castle is a unique construction, one of the most important monuments of its kind in 19th century Europe. Departure from Sinaia and arrival in Bran, discover Bran Castle, commonly known as Dracula`s Castle and source of inspiration for Bram Stocker. First built in 1377 for safeguarding the trading route between Transylvania and the Ottoman Empire. It was restored later to finally become a gorgeous summer royal residence in 1920. For many years now, it has been an interesting medieval art museum. Fringed by the peaks of the Southern Carpathian Mountains, Brasov is one of the most visited places in Romania. Founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1211 on an ancient Dacian site and settled by the Saxons as one of the seven citadels, it has been used as a backdrop in many recent period films. The city is surrounded by legends of vampires and medieval stories. We will have a walking tour so you can discover the old town center, the Black Church, the Council Square and the Hirsche House.
Afternoon at leisure in Brasov and overnight in one of the hotels from the Old Town Square.
3rd day- From Sighisoara to Borgo Pass
After breakfast, get ready for a special lecture from your guide regarding Vlad Dracula. Later on, on a walking tour of Sighisoara, visit the Clock Tower where is the town`s museum. Your guide will tell you stories about the punishments with stakes and you can even view them on the displays. After this, is the Medieval Weapon Museum and the Torture Chamber. Prepare for the road towards Bistrita and Borgo Pass, where you will have dinner “in Dracula`s style” at a local restaurant. Overnight at Dracula`s Castle Hotel.
4th day-Home Hosted Dinner and Sibiu
Departure towards Sibiu, through picturesque Transylvanian countryside. Sibiu is one of the oldest town in Transylvania. In 2007 was awarded with the title of European Capital of Culture. The main attractions are the Evangelical Church, the Orthodox Cathedral, the Roman Catholic Church, the Stairs tower and the Council Tower. Short drive to Sibiel for a visit to the Museum of Glass Icons and a home hosted dinner.
Accommodation in Sibiu.
5th day-From Sibiu to Targoviste
After breakfast, we visit the place where Mihnea the Bad, the son of Vlad Dracula was stabbed to death, the Lutheran Cathedral. Departure to Poienari Fortress, the real Castle of Vlad Dracula, an incredible landscape, a piece of history and a bloody legend. The construction of this castle began in the 13th century, under the rule of the Black King. In the decades that followed, the name and the residents changed a few times but eventually the castle was abandoned and left in ruins. It was Vlad the Impaler that brought it back to life in the 15th century. The legend says that the first wife of Vlad the Impaler committed suicide from this fortress walls. Being afraid that she will be taken hostage by the Turks on one of their attack on the fortress, Vlad’s wife threw herself from one of the citadel’s walls. She died smashed on the rocks. Legend says that when she died a river that passed nearby got all red from the lady’s blood. Since then, the river is called The Lady’s River. Legend or truth, the Poienari Fortress has inspired great stories and played its part in Romania`s history. On our way back to Bucharest we will have a stop at the Cozia monastery, built by Vlad Dracula`s grandfather,Mircea the Old.
Overnight in Bucharest at your hotel.
- Fully customizable itinerary: make this tour your dream tour and customized it the way you want for no extra charge
- Flexibility: you decide when to start and make changes in the daily itinerary
- Private Guide: Fully licensed English speaking guide for the entire program ( other languages on request)
- Transportation: Private transportation in air conditioned car/minivan
- Car expenses: Gasoline, parking and road tolls
- Internet: Free wifi in all our vehicles
- Entrance fees: Included to all proposed touristic sites mentioned in the program
- Accommodation: accommodation for 2 nights in 3*-4* hotels
- Meals: breakfast and 2 dinners
- Airport transfer: at arrival and departure
- Beverages: Bottled water in the car
- Photo fees & Video fees
- Meals others than specified
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
- There is an extra pay for single supplement
- Flights to and from Romania
- Personal insurance
- We offer standard accommodation. Upgrade and downgrades are available based on your budget
- Limited wheelchair access
- Peles Castle is closed as following: 12 May – 15 Sept: closed on Monday; 16 Sep – 15 May: closed on Mondays and Tuesdays; 03 Nov – 02 Dec: Peles Castles is closed for a full month for cleaning & restoration. Other sites can be visited instead
Eastern European Experience, the organizing tourism agency will not be held liable if the places visited are closed without prior notice.
Adult (18-90 years) / person:
964 Euro/pers – for a group of 2-3 people
651 Euro/pers – for a group of 4-7 people
Fully customizable itinerary: make this tour your dream tour and customized it the way you want for no extra charge
✔ Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance