Day 1: Sofia
Arrival transfer Sofia Airport. Panorama tour of Sofia – the capital city of Bulgaria, which the Constantine the Great once called “My Rome”. Visit Alexander Nevski Memorial Cathedral, St. Sofia 6th c basilica, Parliament Square, National Theatre, The Old City Garden, the former Royal Palace, Presidency, St. George 4th c Rotunda.
Check in at your hotel.
Day 2: Sofia – Rila Monastery – Sofia
Morning to the suburbs of Sofia to visit the National Museum of History and Boyana Church UNESCO site.
The museum is situated in the former residence of the communist government in Bulgaria, at the foothills of Vitosha mountain – a cubic structure with a lot of woodcarvings, big windows and open space for receptions. The building itself has a historical significance for now-a-days Bulgaria, as it is here that the beginning if the transition period started back in 1989.
It is one of the largest museums on the Balkans and houses the famous Thracian golden and silver treasures as well as a replica of the oldest gold processed by a human being found on Earth ( Varna necropolis, now-a-days Bulgaria ).
Proceed to Rila Monastery UNESCO site – the largest monastery in Bulgaria, located 1100 m above sea level in Rila Mountain National Park. UNESCO site.
Return to Sofia in the early evening, overnight at the same hotel.
Day 3: Sofia – Plovdiv – Sofia
Full day tour to Plovdiv – the 2nd largest Bulgarian city, European capital of culture in 2019.
Visit of the Old Plovdiv architectural reserve with the Ancient Amphitheatre, St. Constantine and Helena Church, The Ethnographic museum ( the so-called Royal House ). Visit Kapana – the artistic neighbourhood of Plovdiv, walk along the longest pedestrian street in the world – Djumaya mosque square, the Roman Stadium, the remains of the Roman forum.
Return to Sofia.
Day 4: Sofia – Veliko Turnovo – Bucharest
Breakfast and departure to Veliko Turnovo – the medieval capital city of Bulgaria, picturesquely located on 4 hills above Yantra river. Meet your tour guide in English for a visit of Tsarevets Royal hill with the medieval fortress. Free time for lunch and transfer to Bucharest. Evening arrival. End of our services.
- 3 nights with breakfast and city tax
- Transport from Sofia Airport till the hotel in Bucharest ( 2 pax – car, 4 pax – minibus 6+1, 6 pax – 18+ seater )
- Border and road taxes, parkings
- Tour guide in English – day 1, 2 and 3
- Tour guide in English for a visit of Tsarevets Royal Hill with the fortress
- Entrances to tourist sites: Sofia – National museum of History, Boyana Church UNSECO site, Plovdiv – Ancient Amphitheatre, Ethnographic museum, Veliko Turnovo – Tsarevets Royal Hill with the fortress
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time
- Eastern European Experience, the organizing tourism agency will not be held liable if the places visited are closed without prior notice.
Adult (18-90 years) / person:
720 Euro/person – for a group of 2 people
520 Euro/person – for a group of 3-4 people
460 Euro/person – for a group of 5-6 people
400 Euro/person – for a group of 7-8 people
355 Euro/person – for a group of 9-10 people
✔ Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance