This 6-hour private tour is the best way to see Bucharest and it’s surroundings with visits to such sites as Village Museum, Snagov Monastery and Mogosoaia Palace. You will start by having a panoramic city tour with stops in the Revolution Square, in front of Parliament and at the Military Academy. Next, head to the place where religion comes to life, The Patriarchal Palace & Church. Enjoy an exclusive visit to the Village Museum and complete your Bucharest city tour with a walk through the Old City and find out more about Vlad the Impaler.
- Start your day in the morning and discover together with our professional guide, the wonders of Bucharest, also called The Little Paris of the East. This panoramic city tour included stops and history lessons at three very important sites: Revolution Square, Constitution Square and equally as impressive, Military Academy.
Discover the history of the Romanians from the time of the Roman Empire, Middle Ages and Vlad the Impaler and walk your way through Monarchy and the dark communist times of recent history.
Drive by sites like: Romanian Arch of Triumph, House of Free Press, Kiseleff Avenue with beautiful French style villas, Embassy Row, Romanian Peasant’s Museum, Victory Square, Officer’s Club, Cismigiu Garden, Medical School, Opera Square, Fountains Avenue and Military Academy.
Next, you will see the open air Village Museum which will provide you with a unique experience and will give you a glimpse in the life of the Romanian peasants from more than 100 years ago. This museum is particularly impressive because all the houses were taken from their original locations and rebuilt here in Bucharest almost one century ago.
In the afternoon, you will leave crowded Bucharest behind and visit Mogosoaia Palace. Imagine that one of the wealthiest families in Romania managed to spend almost all their fortune in order to restore this wonderful place. Take a trip back in time to a more elegant era and find all the secrets of this place together with your guide.
From here you will head north from the city to see a place surrounded in myth and history. The Snagov Monastery is the supposed burial place of a famous Romanian ruler: Vlad the Impaler, also known as Dracula. The monastery is on a small island in the middle of a beautiful lake.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Free Wi-fi in all our vehicles
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- All entrance fees
- Transport by private vehicle
- Photo fees
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved in the Village Museum
- The Village Museum and Mogosoaia Palace are closed on Mondays and they will be replaced by a short walking tour in the old town.
Eastern European Experience, the organizing tourism agency will not be held liable if the places visited are closed without prior notice.
Adult (18-90 years):
165 Euro – 1 person
119 Euro/pers– for a group of 2-3 people
89 Euro/pers – for a group of 4-7 people
✔ Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance